Table of Contents
If you suffer from chronic sinus issues, you may have heard about a product called Pollaste. But what exactly is Pollaste and how does it work? This article will cover everything you need to know about this unique saline rinse for sinus relief.
What is Pollaste?
Pollaste is an isotonic saline rinse that is used to flush out nasal passages and sinuses. It comes in pre-mixed packets that you add to distilled or sterilized water and use with a specially designed bottle.
- Sodium Chloride
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Potassium Chloride
- Calcium Chloride
- Magnesium Chloride
This creates an isotonic solution that is pH-balanced to mimic natural nasal secretions.
When sprayed or rinsed in nasal passages, it works to:
- Cleanse mucus, irritants and allergens
- Moisten nasal tissues
- Soothe inflammation
- Reduce congestion
- Relieve sinus pressure
Pollaste offers drug-free relief for those suffering from chronic sinusitis, nasal congestion, post-nasal drip, and allergies.
How is Pollaste Used?
Pollaste can be used in two main ways:
Mix with water in the bottle and flush the solution through nasal passages to thoroughly rinse sinuses. This removes mucus and provides moisturizing relief.
Mix the solution and use the bottle to spray directly into nasal passages. This provides soothing moisture throughout the day.
The saline solution begins working right away to cleanse nasal passages while also preserving moisture. It can be used as part of your regular sinus care routine.
Read also: Korps Sukarela
Key Benefits of Using Pollaste
There are many advantages to using the Pollaste sinus rinse system:
- Drug-free relief
- Rinses away irritants and allergens
- Restores moisture to nasal tissues
- Soothes inflamed sinuses
- Reduces congestion and stuffiness
- Alleviates facial pain and pressure
- Improves breathing and sleep
- Helps prevent sinus infections
- Natural relief safe for daily use
Regular use of Pollaste nasal rinse can provide 24-hour relief from common sinus symptoms without the side effects of medications.
What Conditions Can Pollaste Help With?
Pollaste can provide relief for the following sinus issues:
- Chronic Sinusitis – Ongoing inflammation of sinus cavities.
- Nasal Congestion – Blocked nasal airways causing stuffiness.
- Post-Nasal Drip – Mucus dripping down the throat from the nose.
- Rhinitis – Swollen nasal tissues causing congestion/runny nose.
- Nasal Polyps – Noncancerous growths in sinus passages.
- Allergic Rhinitis – Swollen tissues from allergies.
- Upper Respiratory Infections – Clears infected mucus.
- Dry Nasal Passages – Hydrates overly dry nasal tissues.
- Recent Nasal or Sinus Surgery – Rinses away blood/fluids.
Pollaste can be used standalone or combined with other treatments such as nasal steroid sprays, allergy medications, and more.
What are the Ingredients in Pollaste?
Pollaste contains the following key ingredients in each packet:
- Sodium chloride – Pure salt that mimics natural nasal secretions.
- Sodium bicarbonate – Baking soda to regulate acidity.
- Potassium chloride – Helps balance electrolyte levels.
- Calcium chloride – Restores moisture.
- Magnesium chloride – Absorbs fluids.
These isotonic concentrations are specially formulated to provide soothing relief. The solution is pH balanced so it will not irritate sensitive nasal tissues.
How is Pollaste Different from Other Saline Solutions?
There are a few key differences between Pollaste and typical drugstore saline sprays or rinses:
- Isotonic formula – Carefully balanced to mirror the body’s natural fluids.
- Pre-measured packets – Ensures accurate mix and pH balance.
- No preservatives – Reduced irritation compared to drugstore versions.
- Complete relief – Both rinse and moisturize nasal passages.
- Specially designed bottle – Allows for proper rinse technique.
Pollaste is an isotonic solution pre-formulated for effectiveness and convenience. It provides dual-action cleansing and moisturizing relief.
How to Properly Use Pollaste
To use Pollaste for maximum relief:
- Always use distilled or sterilized water – this prevents contamination.
- Shake the packet before mixing to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Mix the entire contents of the packet in a rinse bottle.
- Flush solution through one nostril at a time while tilting the head to drain.
- Rinse daily or as needed for congestion relief.
- Follow up with gentle blowing – do not sniff rinse back into sinuses.
- Repeat the head tilt procedure until the sinuses feel flushed.
Proper technique allows the solution to fully penetrate and rinse nasal cavities.
What is the Recommended Dosage?
The standard dosage is one packet mixed peruse. However, your doctor may advise:
- Rinsing 2-3 times per day during acute sinus flare-ups.
- Using daily ongoing for chronic sinusitis relief.
- Alternating rinsing and moisturizing as needed.
Follow your physician’s or allergy specialist’s dosage recommendations for your specific symptoms.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Pollaste is generally well tolerated with minimal risk when used as directed. Potential side effects may include:
- Nasal stinging or burning if using too strong of a mix.
- Runny nose immediately after rinsing.
- Watery eyes.
- Ear fullness from fluid drainage.
- Temporary change in taste.
These mild effects typically resolve quickly on their own. Stop use and consult your doctor if any severe reactions occur.
Who Should Not Use Pollaste?
Certain individuals should exercise caution or avoid Pollaste:
- Children under age 6 – can affect electrolyte levels.
- For those with kidney disease – excess sodium intake is risky.
- After recent facial trauma or surgery – rinse pressure could disrupt healing.
- If nasal passages are completely obstructed – rinse cannot penetrate.
- Allergy to any ingredients – unlikely but possible.
Talk to your doctor before use if you have any medical concerns or are currently taking any medications.
How to Buy Pollaste
Pollaste is available without a prescription. You can purchase it at local pharmacies or order online. It comes in boxes containing packets of powdered saline solution.
Starter kits include the pre-filled packets along with a rinse bottle for mixing and flushing. Ensure you select the original Pollaste brand for proven effectiveness.
Is Pollaste Covered By Insurance?
Pollaste may be covered under FSA/HSA accounts when prescribed by a doctor for treating certain medical conditions like chronic sinusitis.
However, standard health insurance plans likely won’t provide direct coverage. Check with your specific insurance provider to learn more about possible reimbursement options.
The Bottom Line on Pollaste
For those suffering from sinus issues like congestion, post-nasal drip, seasonal allergies, and chronic sinusitis – Pollaste can provide effective relief. The isotonic saline solution rinses away mucus and irritants while restoring moisture to inflamed nasal tissues.
Regular use as part of your sinus care regimen results in reduced congestion, easier breathing, decreased facial pain/pressure, and improved sinus health over time.
Pollaste offers a safe, non-medicated option for cleansing and hydrating nasal passages using a specially designed rinse system. Talk to your doctor or allergy specialist to see if adding these saline packets to your treatment plan could benefit your sinus symptoms.